Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Note to a Large Truck

Large Truck, I hate you
in the lane next to mine
swiv-swerving and generally making out that
you have no control

a good-sized wind and you are skittering
across all five lanes
tip-tottering over the divider
or an unwise Sentra that has snuck past
into your lane
where you are no longer
flirting with safety
but disregarding the painted lines

uncaring that you are large and
annoying for all twenty miles into Corona
and are driving in a lane you have no business
being slow in, but only relatively
and only going slow because you can turn
that way, when you are really
turning this way into my side mirror
where the backseat driver is squeezing the handhold
and screeching Oh my God
each moment your sudden lane correction
swings your back wheels way out
and into my lane and

I spend every other exit
praying that you will
get off the road get out of my lane
get to your destination safely
without harm, injury or accident,
leaving all the drivers alone and
taking your cargo where it belongs

No comments:

Post a Comment