Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Craft Wednesday #24 Disappointed Blogging Dreams

This blog needed a place for talking about writing. "Craft Wednesday" will be me talking about all things writing: how to write, why to write, and my own craft journey. I hope to learn and to share experiences with you. 
Disappointed Blogging Dreams

   I really expected this blog to turn out differently.

   I thought I would be able to write a creative story every week, and a good one at that. I would write decent stories for the world to enjoy. I would write often - every day - and improve my craft.
   That has not exactly happened. Most of my posts seem to be So Serious Saturday observations about the world, Craft Wednesday writing tips and experiences, or short poems I itched with my pen so that they would quit bothering me.
  For that I have to apologize to myself.
  I was so wrapped up in my idealistic expectations that I failed to take into account days when I could not use a computer, days spent away, and days I was busy. I was not practical in my approach to writing, or in keeping up with my writing goals, or setting realistic goals.
  Now I must reevaluate what I want to accomplish with this blog, and what I can accomplish. Both are likely to be different things, but I must try. This blog will be the story of my efforts and the circular paths a butterfly takes when it is free to fly.
   I guess what I have been reminded of this week is that fiction meets reality in the writer's life; sometimes the meeting is real events inspiring stories, but often just living in reality can limit a writer's time and energy to explore fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment