Saturday, February 7, 2015

So Serious Saturday #3

Fiction needs a basis in reality. Exercising non-fiction muscles once in a while benefits an active imagination, channeling creative energies as it focuses on a subject. So Serious Saturdays will be an active place for critical essays or writing about reality in the context of real events - even when it is not written on Saturdays.

Type: Journal

I am the writer who likes the idea of living in a small apartment, struggling for the craft before gaining success; but when it comes to reality I won't be the writer who survives on fancy cheeses and cheap wines left over from parties with poet and actor friends. No, I am the writer who has ideas that try to fit into a system and spiral and contort until they cancel each other out; when I follow intuition the ideas weave wonderfully into a masterpiece only half my consciousness can claim. I am the writer who wants to inspire and change the world with ideas, but not with the kind of ideas that cause war or make individuals suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment