Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Gag-Gifting: Five

Five
Gerald pointed over his shoulder.  “Hey, isn’t that my plant.”
“You gave it to my wife last year.”
Gerald stepped forward, towering over Michael.  “I want it back.”  Michael wasn’t sure if he was kidding or not.  “I want it back,” he repeated.  Apparently, he wasn’t.
“But my wife – ”
Gerald put his hand over his mouth.  “You’ll never have to see me again.”
Michael’s mind whirled.  “Okay,” he said finally. 
It wasn't easy to sneak it out. 
Gerald caused a diversion by spilling the mouldy milk on top of a  businesswoman’s lap.  "I'm sorry, beautiful," he said. "Hey, did you fall from somewhere?"

Meanwhile, Michael uprooted the pot and stuffed it into the papier-mâché pot roast Gerald had put on the table.  As soon as this was over, the better.
While Gerald was getting shrieked at and quite enjoying himself, Michael tossed it haphazardly into Gerald’s car. He wouldn't mind - of course not.

No comments:

Post a Comment