Thursday, May 28, 2015

A Unicorn's Tale, Part 6

6.
     He told me how to bounce there, which was really how to bounce anywhere, which is a large part of finding lost things. I would get into the mathematics of it, but unicorns use a few imaginary terms I am not certain could translate into any of the human languages.
     Upon my bounce into Miamono Tower, Floor Thirty-Seven, Room 3706 I knocked over a table stacked with cupcakes.
    “Watch where you’re going, Tiberius.” Larry happened to glance up from the brightly lit table next to the one I’d plowed into. “Oh, it’s you. Mikey’s mad.”
     “He implied that you didn’t teach me much.”
     He scoffed. “Well, yeah, it takes time to do it properly and stuff.”
     He said it way too fast, which made me ask, “How much sugar have you had today?”

     “Oh, I don’t know. Half my body weight.” He winked, also too fast.
      It was not the first time I had seen him on a sugar high, and it was certainly not the last.
     I decided for a direct approach not really to my liking but probably the best thing I could have done to catch his galloping attention. “Listen up!” I said. His eyes froze. “You’re going to teach me the proper way to bounce, or else I’m leaving.”
     “You can’t leave.” His gaping mouth showed his pearly whites trembling in his mouth. Like I said, Larry owed a ton of candy to Mikey, and probably other people. But I only found out about Mikey.
      He looked so pitiful. I had nowhere else to go, so I reeled in the melodramatics and said, “I’m not going to go.”
     When Larry exhaled a sigh of relief I breathed in a plume of powdered sugar. “We can start right now,” he said

No comments:

Post a Comment